Important Hair Colour Safety Precautions
ALWAYS READ THE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FOR USE CAREFULLY. BEFORE YOU COLOUR 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE TAKE THE ALLERGY TEST. Take the allergy test, even if you have used a Mellor & Russell or other hair colour products before.
HAIR COLOURANTS CAN CAUSE SEVERE ALLERGIC REACTIONS. TEMPORARY ‘BLACK HENNA’ TATTOOS MAY INCREASE YOUR RISK OF ALLERGY.
Do not colour your hair if:
- You have a rash on your face or sensitive, irritated and damaged scalp
- If your hair has been coloured with henna, metal dyes or colour restorers.
- You have ever experienced any reaction after colouring your hair
- You have experienced a reaction to a temporary ‘black henna’ tattoo in the past.
- Perform an allergy test 48 hours before each product use, even if you have used a Mellor & Russell hair colour or other hair colour products before. Remember to buy your hair dye 48 hours before intended use.
Hair colours contains ingredients which can cause severe eye irritation and possible permanent eye injury. If the product gets into your eyes flush immediately with a large amount of lukewarm water. Seek medical advice.
It is advisable to remove contact lenses before application, if this is not possible and the product gets into your eyes, remove the contact lens and then flush immediately with a large amount of lukewarm water and seek medical advice.
- Do not inhale or ingest product.
- Remove and keep hair away from metal objects during colouring.
- Do not use on eyebrows, eyelashes or damaged or irritated scalp.
- Use and prepare in a well-ventilated area. Move to fresh air if you have any inhalation difficulties.
- Keep the product in a cool place, protect from heat and light.
- Do not mix the colourant with any other product. Mix and use immediately.
- Do not keep any unused mixed product. Rinse the applicator bottle with cold water and discard into the drain. Do not re-seal or leave the mixture in a closed bottle. This may cause the bottle to expand and burst. The bottle must be completely empty before disposal.
- Mellor & Russell hair dyes are not intended for use on children under the age of 16.
- Wear protective gloves provided throughout application.
- Keep away from children.
If you have any doubts about using any hair colouring product, we advise that you seek gudiance from your doctor before use.