Here are just a few simple ways to make your colour last longer:
- Avoid hot showers. The hot temperature of the water opens the hair cuticle and releases moisture and colour. To maintain your colour wash hair at room temperature, towel dry before conditioning and after conditioning rinse hair with cold water.
- Reduce how frequently you wash your hair. Shampoo traps hair oils, therefore washing your hair to often can cause hair to become dry and eventually break. We recommend aiming to wash your hair twice a week; however, curly or coarse hair may require you to wash your hair every 3 days. Dry shampoos are a good option for those in-between days.
- Protect hair from the sun. Use a UV protection spray or wear a hat.
- Avoid clarifying/dandruff shampoos. Dandruff shampoos contain sulfates and other chemicals and strip away hair colour.
- Reduce heat damage. Blow dry on a cooler setting, particularly for fine hair. Use heat protection before styling.